You’ve scheduled your maternity photography and are looking forward to having some stunning pictures that showcase your growing baby and document this unique period before the baby is born.
What you’ll wear may be one of the items you consider next.
We completely realize that deciding what to wear to your photo shoot might feel like a major decision because the style and color of your clothing have a significant impact on the overall look and feel of your images.
So what are the greatest outfits for a maternity photo shoot in a studio?
This article will discuss what to wear for a studio pregnancy photoshoot so that you may make clothing selections with confidence and enjoy your appearance on the day of the shoot.
To your pregnancy photo shoot, how much clothing should you bring?
For your studio maternity session, We advise packing 2 to 3 clothes. This will offer your final gallery of photos some diversity and allow you, if you so choose, to combine different styles.
Consider wearing one casual attire, one more formal dress, and either just lingerie or lingerie plus a shirt for your third outfit.
As an alternative, you can choose to stick with one look and wear two or three distinct clothing in that look, such as three formal dresses or gowns.
What Sorts of Outfits Are Best For Maternity Studio Photos?
It’s crucial to pick an outfit that highlights the beauty of your bump because the goal of your maternity session is to capture the beauty of your stunning new form.
Since the camera tends to accentuate excess fabric, your bump may become obscured by baggy or loose clothing, making it impossible for us to discern your body’s contour. Select an item that will highlight your bump.
- The following outfits accomplish this and look fantastic in studio photos:
- a body-con dress that is form-fitting to accentuate the shape of your bump.
- dresses with flowing skirts and empire lines.
- Lingerie, worn however you feel most comfortable—alone or with an open-buttoned shirt or cardigan over top.
- Not pregnant jeans, but jeans with a bandeau or a crop top. Unbuttoning your pre-pregnancy pants will give you a far more attractive form than maternity jeans.
- a maxi skirt with a bandeau top.
- The texture of lace lends an intriguing layer to your images, whether they are of lace clothing or lingerie.
What colors are best for a maternity studio photoshoot?
We always advise keeping the color scheme fairly muted when it comes to studio photos, utilizing no more than one or two colors each outfit. The studio looks great with the colors black, white, cream, and denim.
Because it puts the attention squarely on you and your bump, a single color will always have the greatest impact. All-white, all-black, or all-cream color schemes all look stunning.
In the studio, it’s better to stay away from patterns and anything with phrases or images on it because these can date your photography and detract from the subject. Colors used in single blocks offer a considerably more classic feel.
Contact us today for more info.